AvriChat (in development):
related topics :
- Comet and Avast web shield : java headers
- Comet and cross Domain problems
- Comet : how-to step by step
AvriChat is a real time chat based on mootools.
Server side is based on Java.
Server truly push data to each client (check with firebug !)
AvriChat is based on Moo-Comet and Uvumi Scrollbarr.
(you can use it without Uvumi Scrollbarr)
AvriChat is designed to be used in Lord Of Castle and other projects with Comet.
I will add an Irc connexion very soon.
- Save x last messages on the channel
- Admin options (almost done)
Konwn issue :
- Little bug with scrollBarr
download uncompressed chat sources
download uncompressed avriComet + avriCometd source (cometd wrapper for mootools)
Java source will be released soon.
- // The most easy way :
- //we first define the chat
- chat = new AvriChat('avriMessage', 'avriMonitor');
- //avriMessage : id of the input where the user will type the messages
- //avriMonitor : id of the div where the input will be displayed
- //let's connect !
- chat.connect($('name').value, $('password').value);
- keepAliveTimer: 20000, //keep-Alive request, in ms. keepAlive's Server has to be at least 2 time this value to avoid disconnections.
- urlServer: 'http://server.magourex.info/chat/', //url of the server
- defaultChannel: '', //name of the defaut channel. Server will set his defaut channel if empty
- autoReconnection: true, //reconnect after a disconnection
- maxAction: 5, //number of the action saved that you can get with up/down arrows
- Lots Of Functions(), //all this function are invoked when a data is pushed by the server
//For exemple wisp(_wisp) is invoked to display a wisp on the Monitor.
Main Methods :
- disconnect () //should be invoked when the user close the current page
- fireEvent('EveryActionPushedByServer', function (_valueOfTheAction) //throw everytime the server push a data
v 0.4 - 01 Jully , 2009
- Implementation of Bayeux protocol.
v 0.3 - 05 June , 2009
- Htmlentities used to fix accent bug
- works with presto.
- Java code improved
- Add the typing option which allows you to see what the other users are typing !
- Use full JSON, parsing of the server's answer really improved (faster)
v 0.2 - 20 May , 2009
- Avast web shield bug should be really fixed now !
v 0.1 - 19 May , 2009
- first release